Let the Festivities begin! There's nothing like a little bit (or in some cases a lot) of sugar to kick-start the countdown to the holidays.
The blog has been very inactive this week; no Wednesday WIP, no Stitch of the Week but plenty of other activities taking over every spare moment:
- Decorated our Holiday Tree
- Hung outdoor lights (okay - so that was just 15 minutes ago!)
- Started shopping for gifts (and thankfully all of the 'hard to shop fors' are checked off my list)
- Menu planning, menu planning and more menu planning (now the real work begins)
- Visit to Santa (Julia was decidedly against actual interaction this year so spectator sport only, by request)
- Open House at the Daycare (cookies, squares and candies galore!)
- And last but not least...decorated our Gingerbread House (total girl-time fun while the boys went shopping)
In knitting news I do have one very exciting update. Foxtail is off the needles after 7 months. I know that sounds like a long time but it's actually pretty average for me, especially with other projects going on at the same time and with all the other excitement of life over the past several months. I still have a few final rows of finishing to add around the edges and then it definitely needs to be blocked, however that will likely have to wait until the New Year and closer to the time when it will actually fit properly. Let's be realistic - it's only been 6 weeks since Matthew was born and it took 9 whole months to put the weight on to begin with (hee hee). Picture to follow soon though.