5.01.2008

26 Post Challenge (Y)

No brainer, hands down, Y is for Yarn (although yogurt is also high on the list).

And the yarn on my mind today is this bright selection of Estelle Young Touch which has been sitting in my stash for almost two years now.

I originally bought it for a Debbie Bliss Bolero pattern which calls for her Pure Silk line. This was one of my earliest projects and let's just say I had no appreciation for gauge at all. 3/4 of the way through, my bolero had monkey arms and was tying closer to my waist than my chest. Lesson learned!

But since I'm thinking about casting-on either Jaden or Printed Silk Cardigan, which both call for 100% mercerized cotton, I think these lovely skeins may get a second chance. Needless to say, there will be a lot of ripping going on around here first as I reclaim the yarn which was already knit.

Now if I can just keep Matthew's fingers and gums off the stash...
Glad to see his early appreciation for the knitting love though.


"Mmmm. Yummy yummy cotton"

1 comment:

Patty said...

That child is nummy, nummy himself!