5.16.2008

Damn You Estelle!

This second post for Friday is brought to you by a moment of raging frustration which has been slowly building throughout the week.

I've attempted to cast on both the Printed Silk Camisole and the Alieta Shell several times to no avail. I am currently loathing the Estelle Young Touch yarn and having flashbacks of the previous madness it drove me to when I tried using it for it's original purpose/project long ago. Time seemed to have blocked the ordeal but the memory is back in full clarity now. For Printed Silk I couldn't manage to get gauge for the life of me and I am not going down that path with this yarn a second time, especially with a challenging pattern that is going to take a while to finish. Then in my attempts at Aleita, I keep casting on the two hundred some-odd stitches required and working the first row only to be tormented by the yarn separating and knitting really unevenly (some stitches are incredibly loose and I'm just squeezing the needle through others).

And just for the moment I don't seem to have the enthusiasm to knit anything. It's a moment of yarn burnout. Sigh.

I'm going to go call a sponsor and hopefully I'll make a recovery over the long weekend ahead. Sigh.

On a positive note I'm loving my 'Down the Rabbit Hole' embroidery project and it's going to be finished in no lime flat - which is a nice a change. I should have some pictures to share next week.

Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

No comments: