Me: A long time ago there was a Queen named Victoria. Around this time every year we celebrate her birthday. On Queen Victoria's birthday no one goes to work. The schools are all closed, the stores are all closed, and it's a Mommy, Daddy, Julia and Matthew day.
Jules: Oh! Queen Victoria. It's her birthday?
Jules: Well, soon it's going to be my birthday. This many fingers right?
Jules: And Victoria can come to my birthday?
Me: Well, Victoria lived a long long time ago and very far away.
Me: Mmmmm. That is a great idea.
And some random thoughts for today:
- Have I mentioned that I loathe Estelle Young Touch yarn. Let's just say that I'm no further ahead than Friday. And yes...I am just about ready to give it up.
- 13 years. 13 years. Today I've been married for 13 years. How the heck has it been 13 years? I'm not nearly old enough to have been married for 13 years am I? I married very very very very young. : )
- Finished a major organizational overhaul in the bedroom closet this weekend. Now my husband can actually get to his side without having to reach around a mound of things that made it out of Matthew's room but didn't find a home of their own (until now). Still have to organize a few sewing supplies.
- Matthew has his first tooth and can commando crawl around the room like nobodys business.
- Dancing with the Stars final three. I know who is going to win - for some reason it's not who I want to win - but I think I know who is going to win. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised by a sudden unexpected twist of fate? I doubt it.
- Our Chokecherry is in full bloom. It smells beautiful. It looks beautiful. It is beautiful. Oh look...here it is.