6.16.2008

The Post in Which I Finish Something

I've been blogging for almost a year and Minimalist Cardigan has been on my needles for at least half of that time. And at long last I actually have a finished knitting project to share. Here she is in her 'almost red' glory. (The model was impossible to work with!)



peek-a-boo (I've definitely been playing with the baby a little too long)

I think the smudges on the mirror sort of add something to the moss stitch - don't you?

So here are a few of the details about my new favourite sweater (unraveled here on Ravelry).

Pattern: Minimalist Cardigan
Made For: Me!
Designer: Ruthie Nussbaum
Needles: US 7/4.5mm
Yarn: Lily Chin Park Avenue (colour #23)
Weight: Aran/10 ply (8wpi)

NOTE: Knits up a bit roomy. I was between sizes and knit the smaller size with very happy results.

This sweater was knit almost entirely in moss stitch and although I was initially a little overwhelmed at the thought of all those knit-purl-knit-purl-repeats, I instantly loved the pattern. We had a few 'moments' along the way; rows were frogged, gauge was never totally achieved, the sleeves are a little wider than I hoped and the shoulder caps were too long and needed a bit of 'scrunching' (one of my very technical terms) when I sewed them. But in the end I am very happy with the first sweater I've actually completed for myself. It's one of those perfect sweaters; curl up in a chair with a good book and your favourite jeans or throw on a black skirt, a funky necklace and take it out for a meal.


And now I should probably go change. The pattern you pick in January is rarely the one you need to wear when it's finished in the warm, humid month of June.

No comments: