12.27.2009

Flickr Favour! (and something to do with Turkey)




Before we'd even cleared away the last of the wrapping or finished the turkey leftovers, my brain was already turning to the new year. That first day filled with fresh prospects and the perfect motivation to refocus.

With lots of ideas swirling, one of the constants on my list is a 365/2010 project; a picture a day to keep improving my shots and capture the year. And since blogging and Flickr seem to go hand in hand, I would love your feedback to get 2010 started with a click.
  • Does anyone have a favourite 365 or Picture a Day Flickr group recommendations? There is such a long and growing list to choose from!
  • From anyone who's done a 365, what motivation tips and tricks kept you going?
  • Are you planning to do a 365? I'd love to add you as a contact for inspiration.
And about those turkey leftovers!

Mexican Turkey Hot Pot

In saucepan heat 2 tbsp olive oil; saute 1 diced onion, 1 clove of minced garlic and 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes.

Add 3 peeled and cubed potatoes, 4 cups of turkey or chicken stock and 1 tsp oregano. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes (until potatoes are tender)

Add 1 x 24oz can diced tomatoes, 1 can kidney beans, 1 can kernel corn and 2 cups of diced cooked turkey. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tbsp lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I joined project 365:2010 on flickr. Yes you are such a bad influence that I had to start my own. I'd actually never heard of this before...now I must do it, although some old favs may be getting dusted off...