3.19.2010

Sweet Ways to End the March Break

I'd been hoping to make it to one of the local Maple Syrup festivals over the March Break and we couldn't have asked for better weather - warm, sunny and perfect for free flowing sap. (We saw that +5C and took a few steps further to +16C)


I still remember discovering where maple syrup came from when I was around my daughter's age. I also remember a big tin of syrup that would accompany pancake breakfasts for the better part of each year.

This is one of my favourite pictures from the beautiful Mountsburg Conservation Area. Something about the tones and the rings on the tree is really striking and I keep thinking it would somehow translate really well in embroidery. We'll see.

Something that does translate really well - that lovely sweet drop, along with several thousands more lovely drops - into delicious amber syrup.


No comments: