9.10.2010

Stuck on You

You can shake an apple off an apple tree
Shake-a, shake- sugar,
But you'll never shake me
Uh-uh-uh
No-sir-ee, uh, uh
I'm gonna stick like glue,
Stick because I'm
Stuck on you
(Elvis)


"Stuck on You"
copyright © Home:Spin

And I'll say it again - opposite kids.  While my gal slowly warms to the new routine, I could barely convince my son to leave after his first hour long visit at his new preschool.  He was literally bouncing into the building and didn't even have a moment to spare a goodbye wave (although the giant leaping hug afterwards is so much better anyways).

Any parent who has searched for a daycare or preschool situation will know what I mean about the instant smile when you find the magical place where you know good things are going to happen.  I am so excited to see the doors that Tuesday and Thursday mornings will be opening this year.

The best part of yesterday was hearing my little guy describing exactly what he had done in "my cassroom".  There was a "big wed fireengen" and "cackers" for snack and "Miss Kewwy red stowy" about a "FROG! ribbit ribbit".

And...ahem...it includes a dance program once a week.  It's impossible to look at a burly little two year old boy wearing black ballet slippers without squeaky giggles and a quick *swoon*!

And we've made it to the end of Week One!  The weekend is almost here, a big pot of soup is bubbling and there is nothing on the horizon but some deep breathes and recovery time.  How sweet a Friday is!

No comments: