5.07.2008

New Kid on the Block

One of the great things about blogging is that it often compels me to actually follow through on the things I say I'm going to do, when I say I'm going to do them. And when it comes to finishing a project this is a huge bonus because as I've said before, I am the queen of 95% when it comes to knitting. (click here for a walk down memory lane)

So Minimalist Cardigan is upstairs blocking, far from the noises, trampling toes and curious little fingers of the house.

I used this Purl Bee tutorial for blocking and ok, ok, it doesn't take nearly as much time and effort as I thought it would. And it was actually very reassuring to remeasure all of the pieces and find that they were almost bang on (a bit of extra length in the cap of the sleeves but I'm hoping it will ease back a little with the blocking and I'll tighten it up when I'm stitching the pieces together). I can't remember where I saw it, but I stole the wonderful idea of pinning the pieces out some of the kids alphabet blocks covered with towels.

Yes Julia...I really do crawl around playing with your toys while you're at pre-school after all.

No comments: