2.20.2009

Fridays are for Finishing (almost)

Funny how I keep finding my way back here on Fridays and Sundays. This isn't a bad thing, but it would be nice to have a few more days to show for the week. I'll do my best in the one to come.

But in the meantime I will bring you an almost finished object (loose ends and all). And for once, it isn't sheer procrastination that's keeping me from finishing. My Aleita Shell is off the needles with only ends to weave in and blocking to be had.


Pattern: Aleita Shell
Designer: Bonne Marie Burns
Yarn: Sublime Yarns Extra Fine Merino Wool DK
Raveled Here

BUT after trying it on, I'm not sure how I feel about it!?! It's very comfortable and I know that the blocking will certainly help (this early picture probably isn't doing it full justice despite some impromptu tugging), but I don't really think it's working on me. The fit is actually good (a bonus with my knitting history), but the bustline is sitting too high (that's right - I'm blaming the vest - and children). Or maybe after all this, I'm a vest person at heart but not in reality? Or maybe it's just one of those patterns that looked amazing on the magazine model but not so good on me.

Part of my brain is thinking "Block it and see. Oh, and buy a push-up bra." Another part of my brain is thinking "Ribbit. Ribbit. Turn that into something that you'd like a lot more."

So until the two halves of my brain come to a consensus, I think I'll fold it up and turn towards the yarn I bought last week.

No comments: