8.27.2009

The Prodigal Sweater Returns

Am I going to give up? No way.
Am I going to give up for right now? You bet your $#@.
-
Me (Feb. 2008)

Some things just deserve a second chance. An unreserved, open armed, objective second shot.

Tree Jacket: It's been two years since my first attempt at this pattern. It's been a year and a half since it went into hibernation. To be fair, I was knitting while pregnant and then with a newborn so the first chance was distracted at best. Those sort of extreme expansions and contractions (waistline and baby) don't really support the best size selection.

Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino: Me and this stash have had a checkered several months together; I've tried casting-on with it no fewer than ten times and with three . different. patterns. "It's not you. It's me. I had no business knitting for myself with the baby's yarn"

Finally, like chocolate and peanut butter, I put the two together and let the magic happen.


The dpns are in action and I should be finishing up the sleeves this week (which would mean finishing this sweater in a record 2 months!). And yes, that's a wine charm being used as a marker. My plastic child-choking-hazzards frequently slip off and I keep meaning to make my way to Etsy and treat myself to a special set. In the meantime, despite the occasional catching, these do the trick and remind me to "stay...hydrated?".

No comments: